Last year I decided to try a new savings approach in putting money aside for next years Insurance costs. We took a small coffee can, sat down and put a plan in place.
We decided that we would start to put the money in the can from the following:
- Any pop bottle returns
- Our small change each month, quarters, dimes and nickles only
- Any overages from “shop’s” ** this was the surprise for us
- Any Caddle Cash Rebate monies as I do mostly the questionnaires on this so it doesn’t cost me $
- My husband Caddle Cash Rebates
- Both of us have a Legerweb survey account, again this is all Free money yearly
And IT WORKED! We started this in November with the hopes of reaching a goal of $1,000 towards our “Insurances” and so the journey began. Initially we just focused on it a bit and put the tiny bit’s in the coffee can and at the end of each month we did a count to see where we were….must be the banker in me lol.
When our Insurance for Car and house came up in November we not only had the money in our fund for it but a tad extra that we just left to start for this year! And nothing had to come out of our account…huge bonus for us 🙂
This was all money that we simply never counted on, just putting bits and pieces aside regularly, survey’s that didn’t cost us anything except a few minutes time, bottle returns that we normally did but simply put that into our pocket.
You can do the same thing but use the money for Christmas or a special vacation for the family
Small changes and focus CAN make a difference…and hubby was thrilled!