Price Matching is not only the easiest way to save money, but the best and quickest way to begin your saving adventure!
Why are you price matching? Simply put, to get the lowest price while saving you time and gas.
HOW DO I PRICE MATCH?
1. Take some time, know your prices. Just because a store posts a sale, does not mean that is the best price. Join a site (like savingwith gail) to help you begin.
2. Have your flyer’s handy, paper if you prefer or digital. REBEE and FLYERIFY are digital app’s that have flyers online for viewing before the sale dates which gives you time to plan.
3. Check your stores for Price matching Policies, do they allow digital app’s for price matching, how many can you price match etc.
4. Know your Store Couponing Policies, especially the stores you shop at frequently.
5. Here in Nova Scotia the stores that Price match are WAL-MART, GIANT TIGER AND NO FRILLS. I find Wal-Mart to be the easiest store to Price match at due to policies and
volume of product. Chops/Cuts will Price match Meat prices.
6. Organize your shop. I put my Price matching items at the end, with the flyer on top of the product where possible. This gives me the time to watch the Cashier ring in the prices.
7. YES you can Price match AND use a Coupon! The Sale/Price match….Coupon…..Cash Rebate are the Couponer’s GOLD TRIO in saving money!
1. Can I price match a BOGO? ….NO
2. Can I price match a B1G1? ….NO
3. Can I price match % off? ….NO
4. Can I price match a one or two dale sale? Usually No but always ASK as I have had success with this
Start small, it allows you to get over the jitters which are normal the first time you Pricematch. Start with a separate shop of one or two items if you prefer and build your
confidence. Once you do your first Price Match you are “hooked”.
We accept coupons
We will gladly accept coupons provided they meet the following criteria.
- Coupons are accepted only if the store carries the item.
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase.
- Only Canadian coupons are accepted.
- The coupon must have Manufacturer’s instructions to the retailer as well as a Canadian remittance address.
- The item purchased must match the item presented on the coupon.(identical in size, quantity, brand, style etc.)
- The expiration date must be listed and coupons must be redeemed before the expiry date on the coupon.
- Coupons must have a scanable barcode.
- Only printed coupons are accepted.
Number of coupons that can be used for each item
- Only one acceptable coupon may be presented for each item purchased within a transaction.
- The store reserves the right to limit quantities where multiple coupons are used for multiple purchases of the same item.
Free merchandise with a coupon (i.e. BOGO)
- No Sales tax is applied on free merchandise.
When coupon value exceeds the price of the item
- If the value of the coupon exceeds the price of the item (including taxes), the excess value of the coupon is applied against the transaction total for all other items purchased (after taxes). Any remaining coupon value after the excess value has been applied against the transaction total for all other items purchased (after taxes) is not paid out as cash.
Giant Tiger coupons
Email/Web/Facebook coupons are accepted by:
- Presenting the coupon on a smartphone for the cashier to scan the bar code.
- Presenting a printed coupon, which must contain a clear and scannable bar code.
In-store bounce back couponsBounce back coupons cannot be combined and can only be applied to the categories of merchandise outlined on the coupon.
Note: Stores have the right to refuse any coupons that appear to be photocopied, scanned or altered.
Coupgon – Checkout Procedures
We are pleased to announce that we accept COUPGON coupons. COUPGON is Canada’s first digital grocery coupon app. using a customer’s mobile device.
- Customer is to scan the QR code sign posted at the cash register and then hold up their mobile device to the cashier to see the Coupgon coupons the customer wished to redeem.
- Coupgon coupons will only be accepted at the time of purchase.
- Coupgon coupons are accepted only if the store carries the item.
- The item purchased must match the item displayed on the Coupgon app. (identical in size, quantity, brand, style etc.)
- Cashier will only redeem the quantity of Coupgon coupons listed on the Coupgon app.